POWELL LLOYD - RECENT TRANSACTIONS
Powell Lloyd continue to source exciting investment opportunities on behalf of our clients.
Below are some recent examples of these.
Prime City Centre Office and Leisure Investment acquired on behalf of Topland Group.
- Freehold Landmark buildings – Capital Tower, a high profile office building and Friary House, a mixed use office / leisure investment
- Capital Tower – Cardiff's tallest building comprising 25 floors and 123,681 sq ft
- Friary House – a 9 storey mixed use building with seven floors of office space and three floors of leisure space totalling 68,808 sq ft
- AWULT of 5.92 years to break and 7.24 years lease expiry – average rental of £12.34 psf
- Purchased for £12.35m showing a net initial yield of 18.9%
Prime Industrial Warehouse Investment acquired on behalf of A & J Mucklow.
- Excellent location adjacent to Junction 9 of the M5
- Freehold, modern building comprising 64,346 sq ft
- Let to Chesapeake Ltd, D&B Rating 5A1 on a 15 year unbroken term
- Purchased for £3.95m showing a net initial yield of 7.3%
Prime City Centre Retail Investment acquired on behalf of private client.
- The property occupies a 100% prime location
- Ground Floor Sales of circa 5,670 sq ft (526.76 sq m)
- Let to Next Group Plc for 10 years from March 2011
- Long leasehold
- Purchased for £2.65m showing a net initial yield of 7%
Prime City Centre Retail Investment acquired on behalf of Aberdeen Asset Managers.
- Well secured retail investment located in the centre of Cardiff
- 20,000 sq ft Sainsburys Supermarket plus two well let unit shops strategically located opposite Queen Street rail station
- Let to KFC, Starbucks and Sainsburys
- Freehold property
- Rent passing of £1,021,250pa
- Purchased for £17.02m
Prominent Retail Unit acquired on behalf of a private investor.
- Well secured retail investment located in Kenilworth Town Centre
- Well configured, recently refurbished retail unit adjacent to a newly developed Waitrose Supermarket and the main town centre car park
- Freehold property comprising 1,357 sq m (14,602 sq ft)
- Let to Wilkinson Hardware Stores Limited (D&B rating 5A1) for a further 14.7 years with a tenant break option in 2021
- Rent passing of £110,000pa
- Purchased for £1.65m
South Wales industrial unit acquired on behalf of Complete Core Business Solutions.
- 3,015 Sq M (32,458 Sq Ft)
- Site of 2.18 Ac (0.88 Ha) with large secure yard
- Freehold detached unit with Vacant Possession
- Accessible location
- Purchased on behalf of retained client
Popular suburban retail unit purchased VP and subsequently let to Greggs PLC.
- Freehold purchase
- Circa 1000 sq ft ground floor sales with residential upper parts
- Let to Greggs PLC for 10 years
- Powell Lloyd acted on both the purchase and letting for a private client
Prominent High Street Retail unit in Cardiff City Centre.
- Freehold Purchase
- Let to Prime Wales Ltd (t/a Chicken Cottage) until March 2017
- Fixed rental increases
- Purchased on behalf of private client